Well technically this shouldn’t be called a poha because it’s made of oats. But we have to name it with something familiar to those home cooks who want to cook healthy. So here is an all healthy oats green poha made of plain oats, coriander leaves and more.
Oats Green Poha Ingredients
You can easily guess most of its ingredients. But the measurements are most important.
Serves 2-3 people
- 2 cup roasted Oats
- 1/2 cup moderately sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste (adhrak lasun)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced potato
- 1/4 cup raw/roasted/boiled peanuts (seeng)
- 1/4 cup green peas (matar/vatana)
- 1/2 cup ground coriander leaves (dhaniya pattha)
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 small green chillies
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt to taste
How to make Oats Green Poha
- Heat oil in a Kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds one after the other.
- Add onion and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add potato, mix and add water enough to cook the potato slices.
- When half cooked, add peanuts if you are using raw. If roasted or boiled it can be added later.
- Add green peas and mix.
- When the ingredients are cooked, add haldi powder, green chillies, curry leaves, salt. Add the peanuts now if roasted or boiled.
- After few seconds of mixing, add coriander leaves paste and mix well.
- Yet after another few seconds of mixing add roasted oats, lemon juice and water (if required)
- Note: Add less water to make it less mushy.
Mix it well and your Oats Green Poha is ready to eat.
If you try out this recipe, do let me know in the comments.
Till then, keep cooking, continue eating!