Squids is a delicious type of fish which if cooked correctly make an amazing dish for your lunch or dinner. Here is a simple recipe on how to make squid chilli. You can eat it as a side dish with dal and rice or make it your starter dish. The spicy taste of it will just leave you licking your fingers, well if you like feeding yourself with your fingers 😀
Squid Chilli Ingredients:
1 medium sized bowl of chopped squids
1 medium sized Green Capsicum
1 tablespoon Oil
2 medium sized Onions
2 medium sized Tomatoes
3 teaspoons Ginger Garlic paste
2 teaspoons Chilli powder
Half teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 cup water
2 teaspoons Vinegar
Half cup chopped Coriander leaves
Squid Chilli Recipe:
– Pour 1 tablespoon oil in a kadai
– When the oil gets hot, add 2 medium sized chopped onions. Fry till its half cooked
-Now lower the flame and Add 2 medium sized chopped tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
– To this, add 3 teaspoons of Ginger Garlic paste and mix thoroughly.
– Add 2 teaspoons Chilli powder, half teaspoon turmeric powder and mix.
– Add the chopped Squids to the mixture. The squids can be chopped to an inch size to make it easier for you to eat.
– Add 1 cup of water so that the squids get cooked properly.
– Add salt, mix thoroughly and keep the lid of the kadai closed till squids are half cooked. At this point, the flame can be raised to medium.
– When the squids are half cooked, add 2 teaspoons Vinegar and 1 medium sized chopped Capsicum. Add water if required. Mix thoroughly and place back the lid to let it cook properly.
– When the squids and capsicum are cooked, add half cup of finely chopped coriander leaves.
Now you can put off the flame and enjoy the spicy Squid Chilli dish with dal and rice or simply pick up the fork and pounce on the squids.