We are so fond of Vermicelli Kheer. A simple mixup with milk and sugar makes it a delicious dessert. But instead if you are looking forward for a quick bite with evening tea or coffee, then Vermicelli Upma is an ideal dish to dwell in. Add some vegetables into it and make it a healthier option.
Vermicelli Vegetable Upma Ingredients
Serves 3-4 people
- 2 cup roasted Vermicelli
- 1/2 cup moderately sliced onion
- 1/4 cup moderately sliced tomato
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste (adhrak lasun)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced capsicum
- 1/4 cup green peas (matar/vatana)
- 1/2 cup ground coriander leaves (dhaniya pattha)
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 small green chillies
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt to taste
How to make Vermicelli Vegetable Upma
- Boil Water in a deep pan. Put off the flame, add Vermicelli and a pinch of salt. Cover with lid for 5 minutes. Then drain all water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a Kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal one after the other.
- Add onion and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a min on high flame
- Add capsicum and green peas. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame with closed lid. Add few teaspoons of water if required
- When the ingredients are almost cooked, add haldi powder, green chillies, curry leaves, salt.
- After few seconds, add the Vermicelli and mix well
- Put off the flame and add coriander leaves
Mix it well and your Vermicelli Vegetable Upma is ready to eat.
If you try out this recipe, do let me know in the comments.
Till then, keep cooking, continue eating!